This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
Government Free School
Image by awstraton
The first Government Free School in Port Elizabeth was established in Chapel Street. It was here that the settler’s children received their education under the Scottish Schoolmaster John Paterson.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Second Bethelsdorp Police Station needed now, more than ever - 21 May 2019
- Makhanda News: 4 killed in Khayelitsha house fire - 21 May 2019
- Entries open for SA’s best boerewors recipe - 21 May 2019
- PE Business News: Henry Schein Chairman & CEO Stanley Bergman Shares Life Lessons with Meharry Graduating Class - 21 May 2019
- Ironman 2019 Leg Up - 21 May 2019