“When pointing at the moon, the fool looks at the finger.” – Chinese proverb.
Yours truly has first hand experience of how the government and private companies’ anointees shoot down ideas despite being possibly beneficial in the long run.
Goodyear’s mooted retrenchment drive reminds me of one staunch client of my younger brothers and neighbourhood friends’ car wash, that used to work for the company, and who lamented at the way ideas were rudely and bumptiously shot down long before a proposal was finished by its snooty executives.
I hate to say this, but it seems as if the chickens have come home to roost.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Lockdown Day 5 – Alan and Bonnie Share State Secrets - 31 March 2020
- A PERFECT Excuse to go for a Walk or Drive During Lockdown - 31 March 2020
- How to help your bank account survive the lockdown - 31 March 2020
- Finding Optimism Within the Pandemic - 31 March 2020
- Angola, Senegal, Cameroon, Ghana and Nigeria among the most hard hit - 31 March 2020