An exchange that will change your life. Why not exchange the busy city life for a tranquil experience at Gonjah Chalet, campsite and 4×4 route? Set amongst lush indigenous forest just 9km north of Patensie, with idyllic rural surroundings, Gonjah Chalet and Campsite offer the perfect breakaway for anyone looking to get ‘back to nature’ in this stunning region of the Eastern Cape… Gamtoos Valley, the Eastern Gateway to the Baviaanskloof.
Surrounded by colourful woodland, mountain streams, undulating hills and valleys and native wildlife, the rustic accommodation at Gonjah chalet and campsite will provide you with a real break from the trials and tribulations of everyday life and will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated after spending a few days away from it all. With no television to distract, you can experience the simple life and enjoy the only distractions you’ll find – the stars and the braai fire!
Gonjah is also home to two excellent 4×4 routes that take you on an adventure through the glorious Gamtoos Valley countryside where you stand a good chance of spotting a variety of South African wildlife including Nyala, Bushbuck and the elusive Knysna Loerie to name a few, you may even spot a Gonjah after which the accommodation has been named – Gonjah is the indigenous word for grasshopper.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uber driver hijacked in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 September 2019
- Heal Your Round Pink Donut Naturally – MyPR.co.za - 22 September 2019
- Vehicle tracking device leads PE police to suspected house robbers – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 September 2019
- Massive Performances in Excellent Surf For Billabong Seal Point Pro Junior Day 2 – MyPR.co.za - 22 September 2019
- Rainbow Runners - 22 September 2019