The organizing team of the annual Bukani Print Adidas Lake Farm Charity Run in association with Bay FM & Die Burger will be adding game drives to the day’s activities. Neighbouring game reserve Lake de la Vie will be offering game drives for R20 per person as part of the festivities. Patrons will be able to view a variety of wildlife in the unspoiled indigenous forest, including giraffe, bushbuck, impala, zebra, wildebeest and eland.
The 16th consecutive Lake Farm Charity Run takes place on Saturday 9 April at the Lake Farm Centre in Lakeside Road.
Lake Farm Centre hosts its annual sporting event to raise funds for the mentally and physically challenged adults of the home. “Without the help from the runners and sponsors Achilles, AMB Holdings, Bushy Park, Continental, Nedbank, Roundtable 195 and Volkswagen SA this event would not be a reality,” said principal Bennie Stadler.
The Lake Farm Charity Run caters for the entire family by offering a 25km run starting at 07:00, 10km walk/run at 07:15 and a 5km fun run at 08:30.
Spectators will also be treated to a number of fun activities. The Lake Farm Centre Coffee Shop will be expanded for the event and cakes, arts and crafts will be on sale.
All finishers in the 25km, 10km and 5km receive special medals lovingly hand made by the residents of the centre.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- One Step Closer for Fish Farms in Algoa Bay as DAFF Receives EA - 28 February 2020
- First Southern Kings start for 23 year-old - 28 February 2020
- Irish internationals return to Connacht squad for Isuzu Southern Kings clash - 28 February 2020
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020