There has been an urgent appeal for all South Africans to donate blood! Bridge Street Brewery will be hosting a “PINT for a PINT” blood drive on Tuesday, 17 October from 12:00 to 18:00 in an initiative to assist with the dangerously low blood supply that the South African National Blood Service (SANBS) announced at the end of September 2017.
Bridge Street Brewery will be offering every donor a voucher for a pint of their favourite BSB craft beer in exchange for a donation of a pint of blood.
The minimum requirements to be a viable donor are the following:
- You are between the ages of 16 and 65 years old, for first time donors.
- You weigh a minimum of 50 kgs
- You are in good health.
- You lead a low risk lifestyle.
- You consider your blood safe for transfusion.
- You have had a balanced meal within four hours of donating blood.
- You have not donated blood in the last 56 days
All donors belong to one of four blood groups: A, B, AB or O. You are also classified as either Rh positive or Rh negative. There are therefore eight different main blood groups. Group O blood is known as the universal blood type, as it can be given to patients of any blood group.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meanwhile, in Stanford Road THIS is happening - 20 July 2018
- Tickets for Springboks vs Australia in Port Elizabeth - 20 July 2018
- SETA’s robbing the youth of the opportunity to participate in our economy - 20 July 2018
- SANRAL: We are more than just the e-toll guys - 19 July 2018
- Repo rate unchanged at 6.5% - 19 July 2018