The Democratic Alliance (DA) has noted reports confirming that BOSASA executive, Gavin Watson, was killed in an accident during the early hours of Monday morning.
The police need to probe the circumstances leading up to the fateful accident involving the BOSASA boss, whose company has billions of Rands worth of tenders with the government and has channelled millions of Rands into the coffers of the ANC in general and specifically the campaign of President Cyril Ramaphosa.
The death of Gavin Watson may have a material impact on the work of the Zondo Commission of Inquiry into State Capture, it is therefore vital, given SAPS stating that a case of “culpable homicide” has been opened, that even a whiff of foul play is dispelled by a thorough and transparent investigation by the SAPS. This is to ensure that other witnesses are not intimated by this incident and for the Commission of Inquiry to conduct its work without fear or favour.
Angelo Agrizzi’s testimony as well as the revelations by DA Leader Mmusi Maimane of the cosy and potentially corrupt relationship BOSASA has with the ANC and Ramaphosa, indicate that Gavin Watson had a lot to say before the Zondo Commission of Inquiry.
We call upon the SAPS to take the nation into its confidence once an investigation into the death of Gavin Watson is completed.
We extend our condolences to his family and loved ones during this time.
DA National Spokesperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uber had track record of crashes before Arizona fatality – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 November 2019
- 2 Bedroom House to Rent in Walmer Heights – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Secret Ballots Do Not Infringe On The Right To Strike – MyPR.co.za - 14 November 2019
- 3 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Greenshields Park – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Patel’s spokesman dodges questions on Lottery – News from GroundUp - 13 November 2019