South Africans celebrated Fidel Castro´s 90th birthday with a political and festive event in SOWETO on Saturday, 21 August, with the participation of MK veteran Limpho Hani, Deputy Minister of State Security Ellen Molekane, Deputy Minister of Economic Development Madala Masuku, the Second Deputy Secretary General of the South African Communist Party (SACP) Solly Mapaila, and members of the national and provincial leaderships of the African Communist Party, SACP, Congress of the South African Trade Unions and Civl Society Organizations, as well as members of the diplomatic community in Pretoria, Cuban professional working in South Africa and South African professionals trained in Cuba.
Mobilized by the Friends of Cuba Society (FOCUS), the Gauteng SACP leadership and members of the Alliance, participants had the opportunity to enjoy the screening of the film: “Fidel Castro, the untold story”, produced by film-maker Estela Bravo. The statements of all participants, including the central remarks by Comrade Solly Mapaila, highlighted the qualities of Commander Fidel Castro as a revolutionary leader and statesman, as well as his contribution in mobilizing the sentiments of international solidarity among the people of Cuba and in forging the strong relationship of Cuba with South Africa and the African continent in general. (Cubaminrex-Embassy of Cuba in South Africa)
Distributed by APO on behalf of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: WATCH: ZODWA SHOWCASES 1 OF HER 4 WEDDING DRESSES - 15 July 2019
- Uitenhage News: Volkswagen launches Literacy Centres in Eastern Cape - 15 July 2019
- PE Business News: Transnet’s strike impasse at Port of Nqgura has debilitating impact on local economy - 15 July 2019
- JBay Winterfest: Big Wins, Big Upsets at the Corona Open JBay – MyPR.co.za - 15 July 2019
- Mthatha News: GOOD SAMARITANS HELP FAMILY - 15 July 2019