This year the ‘Die Burger, Rafi’s, Builders Warehouse Friendly City Marathon’ will be held on 30 January 2016. The race will commence and end at the Fountain Vineyard Church fields behind Builder’s Warehouse.
Retina SA East Cape Branch is the beneficiary of this event.
To create awareness of this event the Run 4 Retina charity Challenge was launched in 2013. The challenge takes place before the marathon on the morning of 24 January 2015 at Builder’s Warehouse.
The concept is that four teams will take part running/walking on treadmills simultaneously and there will be three sessions. The first session will start at 10:00 . With a challenge starting on the top of the hour, finishing at 13:00 . There are four members per relay team, each team member is challenged to raise R250 , the goal is for each of the team to raise R1 000. Each team will be given 60 minutes to see how many kms they can finish.
Corporate teams will be afforded the opportunity to display their branding. The corporate/business will be acknowledged in Die Burger Wrap-round on 30 January 2016 as well as being mentioned at the event on Radio Kingfisher FM on 24 January 2015. As Retina SA is a registered NPO any financial contribution or donations done by individuals or companies can be issued with a Section 18A Tax certificate.
For more information or further discussion, please contact Gail Cillie or Emma Honsbein on 041 3630164.
Please help us create awareness by liking us on Facebook – www.retina-ec.org.za or #HelpMeSeeRSA.
Read more here: Port Elizabeth – MyPR
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- England dominate again in Johannesburg – Port Elizabeth in the News - 26 January 2020
- 10 Best Plumbing Tips for DIY Plumbers – MyPR.co.za - 26 January 2020
- R77 million school construction project stalled since 2018 – News from GroundUp - 26 January 2020
- Malawi to host 2020 COSAFA U-17 championship again this year – Port Elizabeth in the News - 26 January 2020
- Uitenhage News: SA sinking … but scrapper Nortje shifts to A-tier - 26 January 2020