Instead of sending out press releases that ONLY seem to praise and highlight useless political officials rather send heart warming stuff about how Municipal employees are making a difference. Let’s create a culture of praising those who work tirelessly in service to other ratepayers. Let’s educate our citizens about the workings of the municipality. Let’s show people that work in the Municipality that we appreciate them.
I can assure you that people are not dumb and they will see the link between them and a political party when they witness praise and progress of those who are the real daily fighters in the trenches.
To paraphrase John Cleese as Humphrey in Monty Python’s Meaning of Life:
“What’s wrong with praising the ordinary citizen, boy? Hmm? Why not start the citizens off with a nice bit of individual praise? You don’t have to go leaping straight for the political official like a bull at a gate. Give the citizen a bit of praise, boy.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020
- Anti-Gang Unit arrest attempted murder suspect in Bethelsdorp - 5 April 2020
- It has to be said - 5 April 2020