So there I was minding my own business (i.e. looking for Tweeters of a Journalist bent to add to the MyPR list) when I came across a Tweet from one David Bullard – he of the whiskey tossing Cuban Cigar chomping bent who became too hot for the Sunday Crimes.
Essentially I think he was trying to say WTF! (Whisky Tastes Fantastic!) when he tweeted the image below.
Now the E500 Cabriolet’s January 2012 base price, including Carbon Tax of R7 952.00 was R989 352.00. If you added all the extras you could spend a total of R1 184 452.00 on your little baby. My late Dad was a bit of a Mercedes fanatic – he only felt that life was good if he had a Merc parked in the garage. The salesman who suggested a bit of bling in the form of mags or discreet striping or, heaven forbid, cloth seats in place of leather, would feel the wrath of the Old Man who simply roared; “Don’t mess with a vehicle lest you devalue it faster than a speeding bullet, Cretin!”
Only idiots and rappers bling a Rolls Royce so why mess with a vehicle that costs over R1 Million?
Sorry Mr ANC 100 Years E500 Bling Guy – Just because it says; “E-Class” does NOT bestow Class. Do yourself a favour and return your vehicle to the dealer for immediate destruction.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What will happen to tourism After COVID-19 - 8 April 2020
- SABC to air school lessons - 8 April 2020
- Calls for rape apologist to be removed as Minister - 8 April 2020
- Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams’ pocket spanked for Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown lunch - 8 April 2020
- Locally developed low-cost Salutaris bag mask ventilator - 8 April 2020