In the early days of MyPE (MyPE celebrates ten years of existence this December) we had a very active forum.
I admit that I enjoyed the battle of wits, biting topics more than the present social media politically correct kinds of fluff that also populated the forum.
We have been mulling over and decrying the politically correct democratisation of open forums through the use of social media and have hit upon a dastardly plan to see if we can get real Port Elizabethans to talk about real issues without fear of censure.
We reckon that the only way to do that is to establish a space where people can reply to topics anonymously – via a guest account – or where they can get instructions on how to set up an anonymous email in order to create an account and start topics. In addition we have BLOCKED all search engines from accessing and indexing the forum as well as making the forum completely advertising free – we don’t want advertisers objecting to being next to someone’s views that they find contrary to their own.
The rules of the New MyPE forum are simple:
- GUESTS may answer a topic
- REGISTERED USERS may start and answer a topic
- If you post anything that personally offends, is racist or any of the other ‘ists or just plainly makes ME feel uncomfortable then it will be erased. (Don’t even bother arguing – it is MyPE’s space and MyPE’s rules!)
The mission of this space is to be; “A place for Port Elizabethans to talk openly and anonymously.” [if they wish to be anonymous that is!]
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Ulster will meet this Isuzu Southern Kings Team - 22 March 2019
- Links to ALL 48 Parties contesting the 2019 South African Elections - 21 March 2019
- #FightRacism on Human Rights Day and Every Other Day - 21 March 2019
- R70.9 million committed to support black-owned companies - 20 March 2019
- Give Your Home a Bit of Hygge - 20 March 2019