So my Mother goes to a well known chain shop and wants to buy a coat.
She tells the assistant that it is a bit too dear for her.
“No problem'” says the assistant “We will open an account for you and you will get R300.00 off.”
The Scot in my Mom hears “R300.00 off” and she scrabbles for the pen stopping only to ask; “So, what is the catch?”
“No catch” says the assistant handing her another two R100.00 off vouchers for later use.
It is more than a month later and my Mother has received her first postal communication from said chain AND a bill for R28.00 per month for some form of card insurance. She assures me that the assistant didn’t explain this to her, didn’t read the contract to her, didn’t ask if she understood the terms and conditions and didn’t tell her that she would, despite having paid cash for her coat, be receiving a bill for R28.00 per month.
Much chastised my Mother has set off with a flea in her ear to do battle with this miscreants this morning and to force them to close her account.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Warranties Extended on Essential Service Vehicles - 1 April 2020
- Local Plant gains 5.3% Market Share in Kenya - 1 April 2020
- Lockdown Day 6 – Bonnie Does a Runner - 1 April 2020
- Why The Coronavirus Infection Numbers DON’T Make Sense - 1 April 2020
- Lockdown Day 5 – Alan and Bonnie Share State Secrets - 31 March 2020