Nelson Mandela Bay residents are welcome to take their vehicles for a FREE safety check at our Sidwell Traffic Department’s Roadworthy Testing Centre in Cresswell Street this week.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Director of Traffic and Licensing, Mr Warren Prins, said the free check will give residents peace of mind before they take on long distances.
“It is also in line with our road safety plan to ensure that we curb accidents on our roads due to defective vehicles. We are extending this courtesy to the community to ultimately ensure that they travel safely and return in good spirits.
“The tests will be done from today (12 December) until Friday from 08:00 until 18:00 every day,” said Prins.
Please note even though all the major mechanisms of vehicles are checked, the safety check is not the same as a roadworthy test.
Member of the Mayoral Committee for Safety and Security, Cllr John Best, wished residents an enjoyable journey and a safe return.
“Please maintain the correct following distance, take regular stops to freshen up and don’t exceed the speeding limit,” MMC Best said.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Water Shut Off Due To Maintenance Work - 10 July 2019
- On the Non Collection of Refuse - 5 July 2019
- Let me know what challenges you face - 4 July 2019
- Staying ahead of the curve to address community issues a must – Mayor Bobani - 2 July 2019
- Parts of Summerstrand and Humewood Could be Without Water - 26 June 2019