Almost 150 MediRite pharmacies, conveniently located in selected Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets across South Africa, will be offering free wellness screenings on Saturday, 7 April 2018 in support of World Health Day.
The check-ups will include blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure and body mass index (BMI) tests.
The World Health Organisation’s theme for World Health Day 2018 is to advance the health of all people – ensuring that everyone, everywhere can access essential quality health services.
“Many people take access to basic health screenings for granted. These health screenings provide customers with a basic, yet vital understanding of their general health conditions and play a critical role in identifying health problems at an early stage and bettering the chance for effective treatment. That is why it is important to undergo regular health screenings,” said Andre van Aswegen, General Manager at MediRite.
To take advantage of this free service, customers are urged to make an appointment at their local MediRite pharmacy and need to produce their green identity books or smart ID cards when doing so.
Discovery Vitality members earn vitality points when wellness screenings are done through MediRite.
MediRite pharmacies also offer free health screenings to senior citizens aged 60 and older on the first Wednesday of every month.
The following MediRite pharmacies are located within Port Elizabeth:
- MediRite Bethelsdorp (located within Shoprite Bethelsdorp, Clearypark Shopping Centre)
- MediRite Greenacres (located within Shoprite Greenacres)
- MediRite Moffett on Main (located within Checkers Moffett on Main)
- MediRite New Brighton (located within Shoprite Struandale-Kenako)
- MediRite Port Elizabeth (located within Checkers Greenacres)
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Four firearms recovered in separate incidents in the Northern Areas: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019
- Duck – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 November 2019
- Rhodes Women – Team Sailing League Regatta - 17 November 2019
- Road safety awareness rolled out to communities: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 November 2019
- PE woman shot and killed in city’s northern areas – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 November 2019