The Kwanobuhle Sports Forum together with Afri-Save Cash & Carry will be hosting a 5 km Fun Run for the community of Kwanobuhle on 12 March 2011. The purpose of this event is to raise awareness about sport and healthy living within the community.
The race will start off at 08:00 am Saturday morning 12 March from the Multi Purpose Centre in Kwanobuhle.
Entry to the race is for everyone and entrants do not need to belong to any sport organisation or club to take part.
There is no entry fee charged and the first 100 participants will receive a free t-shirt. A lucky draw will take place at the event where spectators can win a Bicycle courtesy of Afri-Save Cash & Carry.
The Sports Forum and Afri-Save are inviting all community members to this annual Kwanobuhle fun run and are determined to make it a big success.
“With an event like this we would like to give the people of Kwanobuhle an opportunity to take part in a sport event free of charge and experience what it is like. There are thousands of undiscovered talented athletes in the community and this is an opportunity for them to showcase their talent,” said Mr Munir Jeeva, director of Afri-Save.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Department moves to resolve Queenstown water woes - 18 September 2019
- Two security guards shot and wounded in New Brighton - 18 September 2019
- What to do when you can’t afford to cover your bond repayments? - 18 September 2019
- Bok Women excited to take the field against Spain in Despatch - 18 September 2019
- Will we hear; “Next Stop after Cabo Verde is Nelson Mandela Bay”? - 18 September 2019