A successful Community meeting was held to deal with the dispute in Richmond Hill on Wednesday 12th December 2012, which was chaired by General Rabie of the SAPS. This was then followed up by a meeting, on 13th December 2012 with affected parties held at his offices.
The fraud charges that were leveled against five community members were dropped as the Public Prosecutor declined to prosecute because there was no merit in the case.
In the spirit of goodwill and reconciliation it was urged that both parties would forgive and move forward.
The Humewood CPF and the Richmond Hill Community subsequently reaffirmed their joint commitment to fight crime in the Suburb.
Both bodies have committed to using their combined resources, knowledge and efforts, while working closely alongside the SAPS, so that they can build on the reputation of Richmond Hill being one of the safest suburbs in the Metro.
Richmond Hill Residents’ Association
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- TSL – Where Women and Men Compete on EQUAL Footing - 15 October 2019
- Checkers launches long-awaited rewards programme - 15 October 2019
- Warren Harvey – Performance Sailing - 15 October 2019
- I see you Curly - 15 October 2019
- Proudly SA: Vehicle sector gearing up to put tiger in economy’s tank – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 October 2019