A successful Community meeting was held to deal with the dispute in Richmond Hill on Wednesday 12th December 2012, which was chaired by General Rabie of the SAPS. This was then followed up by a meeting, on 13th December 2012 with affected parties held at his offices.
The fraud charges that were leveled against five community members were dropped as the Public Prosecutor declined to prosecute because there was no merit in the case.
In the spirit of goodwill and reconciliation it was urged that both parties would forgive and move forward.
The Humewood CPF and the Richmond Hill Community subsequently reaffirmed their joint commitment to fight crime in the Suburb.
Both bodies have committed to using their combined resources, knowledge and efforts, while working closely alongside the SAPS, so that they can build on the reputation of Richmond Hill being one of the safest suburbs in the Metro.
Richmond Hill Residents’ Association
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Datatec unit acquires German telecoms consulting firm – Port Elizabeth Business News - 28 February 2020
- The day Ford put us to work in its Port Elizabeth engine factory – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 February 2020
- Top Action Sports Event ULT.X Headed For Sun City – MyPR.co.za - 28 February 2020
- SAA continues to trade at the expense of the poor and the hungry - 28 February 2020
- Eastern Cape municipalities in free fall - 28 February 2020