Algoa FM will be featuring the legendary Port Elizabeth D-J “Mr. Shakes” on KayCee Rossouw’s show every Thursday between seven and ten in the evening to discuss the drug abuse problem in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro.
Mr. Shakes is a master of ceremonies, club owner and prominent figure in the Northern Areas of Port Elizabeth. Whilst working in the field; Mr. Shakes noticed how more and more people were abusing drugs, specifically Tik. He gave up his turntables and disco balls to devote all his energy and attention to tackling the local tik drug pandemic in Port Elizabeth. Mr Shakes, who was also diagnosed with cancer, is passionate about making more people aware of the dangers of drug abuse and in particular, Tik.
“On an on-going basis, we conduct research about what it is our listeners want and need. Drug abuse has been highlighted as a major issue our audience is deeply concerned about and we’ve taken a decision to provide them with an opportunity to find out more about the dangers and so much more. Mr Shakes will highlight many specifics and provide information so desperately needed by so many people,” says Operations Director of Algoa FM, Alfie Jay.
The discussion will take the form of a 10 minute feature that commences this Thursday, April 3.
Whether you or someone you know is struggling with a drug addiction, tune into Algoa FM every Thursday between seven and ten to find out more information.
Author: Jennilee Peremore
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cheetahs snatch victory from the jaws of defeat – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 January 2020
- ‘Black January’: Yet more job losses as Aspen confirms EC retrenchments – Port Elizabeth Business News - 25 January 2020
- South Africa v England: fourth Test, day two – live! – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 January 2020
- Rain delays play at start of fourth test – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 January 2020
- Train commuters protest after being told to move to second-class carriage – News from GroundUp - 24 January 2020