A MyPE.co.za ‘Algoa Bay’ selected video for you:
Built in 1799 on a natural citadel, Fort Frederick stands guard over a magnificent view of Algoa Bay.
History tells us that we continued to take over from one another and keep control and fight for the land that always belong to the other.
We continue to do just the same and encounter countless number of suffering around the world each day.
Named after Frederick, Duke of York and Commander of the British Army, it was built by troops sent to Algoa Bay to prevent a possible landing of French troops to assist the Graaff-Reinet rebels during the Napoleonic wars, the inception of British occupation of the colony.
|Click HERE to find more ‘Algoa Bay‘ videos.
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- The Shoprite Group fights packaging waste to build a sustainable future - 21 January 2020
- SPAR Women’s Challenge changes lives – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020
- Root finds right recipe as England go ahead in test series – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 January 2020
- Cricket: Rabada surprised by ban, sorry for letting team down – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 January 2020
- How Delicious Can Love be? – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020