Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
Informal shack dwellers in Langa, Uitenhage, have been given respite from the upcoming winter weather with the hand-over of 14 wooden houses that local residents will use as transit homes until they receive formal housing from the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.
As the third phase of what has become known as Ford’s Blue Village, a total of 30 units are being built by project partner and local non-profit organisation, the Al Fidaa Foundation, to provide much-needed relief from impoverished living conditions.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: IFP strives to have Matatiele reincorporated into KZN from EC - 22 April 2019
- Uitenhage News: South Africa: Culpable Homicide Investigation After Fatal Accident in Swartkops - 22 April 2019
- PE Business News: Ford Begins Vehicle Exports From Port Elizabeth To Europe - 22 April 2019
- Grahamstown News: Fundraising Furniture Sale All Easter Long - 22 April 2019
- Ironman 2019 Eye in the Sky - 22 April 2019