The office of the Ward 1 Councillor, Rashied Adams, has issued the following warnings:
Please be aware that the South African Weather Services have issued a hazard warning that flooding may occur in Nelson Mandela Bay tonight from 20h00 until tomorrow afternoon at 17h00. While only 20 – 30 mm rain is expected to fall in the City itself, our soil is still saturated from the recent rains, which may cause flooding to occur in low lying areas, such as the Third Avenue Dip.
Heavier rain is predicted over the same period for the Eastern areas of the Eastern Cape, while snow is expected to fall in the higher-lying inland areas.
Parks and Cemetery Tree Maintanance Unit has made arrangements for any tree emergency that might occur, as a result of the upcoming floods. Our teams will be on stand-by to respond to any emergencies.
Due to the fact that the ground is still moist from the previous rains, any slight rain and wind will cause trees to fall, especially those that are too tall, old and less anchored.
We hereby warn the public to be vigilent when driving in certain roads especially in the Walmer area, Cape Road and Kragga Kamma Road where we have Brittle Blue Gum and old Pine Trees.
Latest posts by Ward1 (see all)
- Lovemore Heights Water Reservoir woes - 25 August 2017
- Flooding and Falling Trees Warning - 16 August 2017
- Expect Low to No Water Pressure in Sardinia Bay - 7 December 2016
- Electricity outage – Lovemore Heights, Mount Pleasant, Providentia, Lorraine - 18 October 2016
- Installation of additional stormwater pipe – Summerstrand - 14 February 2014