As part of its commitment to support and strengthen the local communities in which it trades, Checkers invited local schools to sell pancakes at their nearest store on Saturday, 9 March, in support of Pancake Day.
Checkers provided all the necessary ingredients, but the schools had to take charge of the project: from mixing the pancake batter to manning their stall, managing sales and interacting with customers.
Schools were rewarded for their hard work by keeping all proceeds, thereby raising some much-needed funds.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Eastern Cape MEC wants gambling fully legalised in South Africa – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 August 2019
- Uitenhage News: Baby Standard Memory Foam Matrass - 19 August 2019
- Crime-ridden Kuyga Primary School burgled seven times in one month - 19 August 2019
- Port: Elizabeth Warren’s attack on the Dakota Access Pipeline is why so many Republicans tolerate Donald Trump – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 August 2019
- The Bosasa Billions: The Watsons and the arson charges – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 August 2019