As part of its commitment to support and strengthen the local communities in which it trades, Checkers invited local schools to sell pancakes at their nearest store on Saturday, 9 March, in support of Pancake Day.
Checkers provided all the necessary ingredients, but the schools had to take charge of the project: from mixing the pancake batter to manning their stall, managing sales and interacting with customers.
Schools were rewarded for their hard work by keeping all proceeds, thereby raising some much-needed funds.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: Makhanda’s vibrant street art - 25 June 2019
- Get Caught Doing What You Like the Most – Reading – MyPR.co.za - 25 June 2019
- Transport woes depriving patients of medical care and medication - 25 June 2019
- Grahamstown News: Msaki Is Expecting Another Bundle of Joy! - 25 June 2019
- Madibaz preparing for tough USSA squash challenge – MyPR.co.za - 25 June 2019