Port Elizabeth: The continued recovery of firearms is a direct result of the intensified crime prevention operations, police visibility and the efforts of our men and women in blue who work daily to ensure that peace and stability prevails in the northern areas of Port Elizabeth. With 24 hours, members of SAPS Bethelsdorp confiscated two firearms and arrested one suspect.
On 17 March 2017 while performing stop and search operations in the area, a 25-year-old person was found in possession of a revolver and ammunition. He was arrested and detained for illegal possession of firearm and ammunition. On 18 March 2017 at about 18:00, members received information of a firearm at a house in Ext 28 in Bethelsdorp. The information was immediately followed up and a 9mm pistol and ammunition were seized. An enquiry docket was opened at this stage pending further investigation. Firearms are at the centre of many serious and violent crimes committed in these areas.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- THIS Doesn’t Look like 2 Kilograms to me! - 18 October 2017
- St. Marks RFC - 18 October 2017
- Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp Foundation in support of no violence against women - 17 October 2017
- Does the cynic in you say that this is for nefarious personal reasons? - 17 October 2017
- NEW VC and Principal for NMU Announced - 17 October 2017