Port Elizabeth: The continued recovery of firearms is a direct result of the intensified crime prevention operations, police visibility and the efforts of our men and women in blue who work daily to ensure that peace and stability prevails in the northern areas of Port Elizabeth. With 24 hours, members of SAPS Bethelsdorp confiscated two firearms and arrested one suspect.
On 17 March 2017 while performing stop and search operations in the area, a 25-year-old person was found in possession of a revolver and ammunition. He was arrested and detained for illegal possession of firearm and ammunition. On 18 March 2017 at about 18:00, members received information of a firearm at a house in Ext 28 in Bethelsdorp. The information was immediately followed up and a 9mm pistol and ammunition were seized. An enquiry docket was opened at this stage pending further investigation. Firearms are at the centre of many serious and violent crimes committed in these areas.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- ‘Mike Rossi Project’ Jazz Concert in Port Elizabeth - 25 April 2017
- SABC should fire Hlaudi now - 25 April 2017
- Team Ubhejane enter Expedition Africa 2017 - 25 April 2017
- Please Donate – Blood Stocks are Critically Low - 24 April 2017
- ‘Sort Of’ Injury Free Kings hit the ground running - 24 April 2017