The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) reminds all interested parties to submit their applications by close of business on 8 August 2014. The Awards are for Young Professionals, who are held in high recognition and celebration of excellence in South African arts, culture and creativity.
Four ImpACT Awards are awarded annually to honour young professional artists whose work have made an impact within the first five years of their professional careers.
ImpACT Awards are presented in four broad arts categories with selected disciplines being eligible for consideration in each.
- ImpACT Award for Visual Art – Artists working in the mediums of Fine Art, Sculpting, Public Installations and Photography are eligible for nomination.
- ImpACT Award for Theatre – Artists practicing the disciplines of Dance, Acting, Writing for Theatre, Musical Theatre and Physical Theatre are eligible for nomination.
- ImpACT Award for Music & Singing – Classical, Contemporary and Jazz composers, musicians and singers are eligible for nomination.
- ImpACT Award for Design – Artists working in the areas of Craft, Fashion Design, Graphic Design and Arts-based Web Design are eligible for nomination.
“We are urging those who have not submitted their applications to get them in as soon as possible” says ACT CEO Pieter Jacobs.
Winners of ImpACT Awards are selected by an independent panel of judges and will be announced at the Awards ceremony scheduled to take place in Johannesburg in November 2014. Please follow the link to submit your nominations:http://tinyurl.com/lc29a66 or http://www.act.org.za/programmes/awards.html
The 2014 ImpACT Awards are presented in partnership with the Distell Foundation. Previous ImpACT Award winners include The Muffinz, Motlatji Ditodi, Phillip Dikotla, Blessing Ngobeni, Camron Andrews, Bambo Sibiya and Ozlo Clothing Store.
Author: Gilly Hemphill
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Is the Kruger National Park still worth the visit ? – MyPR.co.za - 15 October 2019
- TSL – Where Women and Men Compete on EQUAL Footing - 15 October 2019
- Checkers launches long-awaited rewards programme - 15 October 2019
- Warren Harvey – Performance Sailing - 15 October 2019
- I see you Curly - 15 October 2019