The DA in the Eastern Cape was rocked by the loss of one of its senior public representatives in the legislature, when Pine Pienaar (MPL) succumbed to cancer earlier last month.
The vacancy that has arisen as a result of Pine Pienaar’s passing will be filled by Eastern Cape, DA Provincial Leader, Athol Trollip who will return from parliament to the provincial legislature.
Athol Trollip has elected to return to the province till the end of this term of office, in order to lead the provincial election campaign from the province.
The DA is showing unprecedented party growth in the former Transkei, former Ciskei and many other former ANC strongholds.
The DA is all set and determined to become the official opposition in the Eastern Cape Legislature after the forthcoming elections.
Athol Trollip believes that his return to the province will allow him to lead the election campaign more effectively and having already spent ten years in the legislature, is fully familiar with provincial government and the myriad of challenges faced by the people of the Eastern Cape under the leadership or lack thereof from the ANC.
Athol Trollip’s departure from parliament where he was the former leader of the opposition will result in there being a vacancy in the DA Eastern Cape parliamentary list.
This vacancy will be filled after a comprehensive candidate selection process that kicks off with a candidate application process, followed by an Electoral College and selection panel procedure.
This should be concluded by mid May and the swop and filling of the vacancy will be effective from the first of June 2013.
Interested candidates are encouraged to complete the following application process for the vacancy:
A two page CV, as well as a one page motivational letter may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 12170, Centrahill 6060. Alternatively applications can be hand-delivered at 41 Havelock Street, Central, Port Elizabeth by the 12th of April 2013.
Edmund van Vuuren, MPL
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Azamara® Expands Partnership with World Wildlife Fund to Unveil Destination Conservation Shore Excursions and Themed-Sailings, a First for WWF – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 December 2019
- Farmers turn to government en masse as EC drought worsens – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Madibaz women take bronze at USSA water polo week – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Warren and the Lightweight – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 December 2019
- Mamelodi floods: “I watched as my shack was swept away” – News from GroundUp - 12 December 2019