Southern Kings head coach Deon Davids has confirmed that no serious injuries were sustained by the Southern Kings players during the match against the Toyota Cheetahs over the weekend.
Davids confirmed that Schalk Ferreira, Steven Sykes and Justin Ackerman would be available for selection for the upcoming match against the Sharks.
“JC Astle is currently out with a bit of flu and is at home on bed rest, but should be fine by the weekend,” he said.
Davids said Sti Sithole had been admitted to hospital for an appendectomy, and would be out for a further six weeks, while CJ Velleman, who broke his thumb during the Blues match, had undergone a successful operation last week and would be avialble for selection in five weeks time.
“Cloete has also been for further scans to his knee and is expected to be out for the next three to six months. He will be going for an operation later in the week,” said Davids.
Davids said the medical team would also be evaluating Stefan Watermeyer during the week to see how he had recovered from a tendon strain in his foot during the Blues game.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Join the Kings Army for free - 27 January 2020
- 1 Winner and 1 Loser in SA’s Guinness PRO14 camps - 26 January 2020
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020