Born as the daughter of a domestic worker and a bus driver, Zanele Diniso from New Brighton in Port Elizabeth has never been a stranger to hard work. In fact, her circumstances lead to her founding Periwinkle Home Executives, a company that trains and places domestic workers and babysitters, as well as offers office, residential and public space cleaning services.
She is one of 36 small business owners who received a cash injection and marketing support valued at over R70 000 as part of Shoprite’s Hustle competition. The competition was open to all small business owners with an annual turnover of less than R1 million.
Zanele is passionate about what she does and this is evident in all the entrepreneurship competitions she has been a part of – in 2014 she was a top 4 contestant in the Novice Your Money Entrepreneur Competition, in 2015 she was nominated as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Young Achievers in Nelson Mandela Bay and in 2017 she was a finalist in the Businesswoman Association Achievers Awards in the Emerging Entrepreneur category.
She wants to offer hope to women in rural areas by creating employment and the opportunity for people to provide for their families. With the boost received from Shoprite, Zanele will be able to to provide more training and empower more women.
View her Thundafund account to see how you can invest in her business initiative and help grow her dream: https://www.thundafund.com/project/periwinkle
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Woodridge College and Preparatory School launches Eco Smart - 21 November 2018
- Uitenhage News: Businessman hijacked, stabbed with broken bottle - 21 November 2018
- PE Business News: Introducing the Top 20 winners of the 2018 South African Small Business Awards - 21 November 2018
- Question for Emo anyone? – Featured Blog - 21 November 2018
- Grahamstown News: The Whistle Stop School’s fast track to literacy - 21 November 2018