The Transnet Phelophepa Health Care Train will be visiting Swartkops, Port Elizabeth from 22 January to 26 January 2017 and 29 January to 02 February 2018. Phelophepa offers affordable and quality Primary Health Care Services to the community. It complements the services offered by the Department of Health.
Community members are encouraged to visit the Train which will be stationed at Swartkops Train Station. The Phelophepa has 4 clinics and they will offer the following services;
- Screening and education – Free
- Extractions, fillings and cleanings (no false teeth) – R10
- All procedures for children – free
- Eye Test – Free
- All glasses – R30
- Eye drops – R5
- No operations or bifocals
Health Care Clinic
- Health education – free
- Cancer and diabetes Edu-care
- Diabetic screenings and cancer education
- Pap smears and prostrate and breast screenings
- Medicine – R5
- Phelophepa Health Care services are available to individuals, and include workshops to help cope with stress, abuse, conflict, death, parenting, discipline, empowerment and working through emotions. These services are Free.