Nelson Mandela Bay (Port Elizabeth) – South Africa’s premier off-road triathlon, the Fedhealth XTERRA made its Nelson Mandela Bay debut at the exquisite Kings Beach on Friday, 29 January 2016.
Kicking off a magnificent weekend of multi-sport racing with the Fedhealth XTERRA Kids race, families and friends were treated to an action-packed introduction to the sport of XTERRA.
“We are really proud to be able to introduce XTERRA to the residents of Port Elizabeth and its surrounds,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “XTERRA is about families spending time together, having fun outdoors. The Fedhealth XTERRA Kids race is really special as our junior XTERRA Warriors are the future of the sport. We are truly thankful for the support received both from the children and their parents and look forward to growing the Fedhealth XTERRA Kids race in Nelson Mandela Bay.”
Says Jeremy Yatt, Principal Officer of Fedhealth: “What made XTERRA really appeal to us, is the fact that it allows the whole family to be involved, whether in a team, in the kids events, or in the Lite and Full. Family values lie close to our hearts as a Scheme.”
Next on the XTERRA Kids calendar: Fedhealth XTERRA Kids Grabouw Friday, 19 February 2016
There are three XTERRA Kids categories to choose from:
- 6-8 years (50m Swim, 1,5km Cycle, 1km Run)
- 9-11 years (100m Swim, 5km Cycle, 2km Run)
- 12-14 years (200m Swim, 10km Cycle, 3km Run)
The XTERRA action continues on Saturday, 30 January 2016 and Sunday, 31 January 2016:
- Saturday, 30 January 2016: 08:00 Fedhealth XTERRA Full: 1.5km swim, 28km MTB, 12km trail run
- Sunday, 31 January 2016: 07:00 PUMA Trail Run (6km & 12km)
- Sunday, 31 January 2016: 09:00 Fedhealth XTERRA Lite: 400m swim, 12km MTB, 6km trail run
After an exciting day out on route, XTERRA Warriors can look forward to recovering in the NUUN Recovery Zone. “We are there to put back what the race takes out with cold coolers of our proprietary blend of electrolytes in natural, delicious flavours – all without any sugars. Refreshing flavours include Strawberry Lemonade, Tri-Berry, Fruit Punch, Lemon and Lime and Citrus Fruit,” says Etienne du Plessis, CEO of NUUN.
Another special feature to look forward to in the NUUN Recovery Zone will be the serving of the proudly South African ButtaNutt series of authentic tree nut spreads. “Our spreads are filled with healthy fats and proteins for sustained energy. ButtaNutt will also be giving away an entire year’s supply to one lucky XTERRA finisher at each of the three events,” says Antoine van Heerden, Managing Director of ButtaNutt.
Author: Jacky McClean Newsport Media
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Pirates won’t benefit from Chippa this time – Port Elizabeth Business News - 28 January 2020
- OMOTOSO TRIAL SET FOR NEXT MONTH – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 January 2020
- Campanile hotel – Port Elizabeth - 28 January 2020
- Alleged extortionists back in PE court – Port Elizabeth Business News - 28 January 2020
- Ernst rules out Ngezana sale amid Sundowns interest – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 January 2020