The Spec-Savers PRO 10 Pairs bowls tournament has become a National tournament as of this year
This new format of the game has become a very popular tournament throughout the country as it is very different to the normal game of bowls.
Pro 10 Pairs is more of a fast and furious game and is played over 10 ends and is 2 bowl pairs. One game lasts about 45 minutes. 6 games will be played on the Saturday and then a further 3 games on the Sunday before going into the play-off rounds to play for Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Eastern Province will be hosting this inaugural event over the weekend of 13 and 14 September and play will take place at the Mill Park and Park Drive Bowling Clubs.
A total of 80 players representing 20 districts in 2 pairs teams per district will be bowling it out for the title.
Some of the prominent bowlers are:
- Francois Koen & Bernardus VD Spuy – Previous National Champions
- Athol Holtz – Previous National Champion
- Billy Radloff – Current Protea Bowler And Previous National Champion
- Japie Combrink – Previous National Champion
- Elma Davis – National Fours Champion 2013 & 2014
- Peter Hufkie – Current Gold Squad
- Hennie Slabbert & Dalena Muller – Current SA Mixed Pairs Partners
- Gerry Baker & Jason Evans – Current Protea Bowlers
- Sharon Glenn – Previous Protea Bowler
- Chris Forward – Previous Protea Bowler
- Pikkie Abbott – Current Gold Squad & 2013 Nationals Fours Champion
- Mike Marnewick – Previous National Champion
- Joel Roebert & Robin Gibbs – Current SA Pairs Partners
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Top Table - 16 August 2019
- 2 deceased in tragic boating accident - 16 August 2019
- OUTA plans to challenge the AARTO Amendment Act - 16 August 2019
- 10 Out of 11 Isuzu Southern Kings Games to be played at NMB Stadium - 16 August 2019
- The scene from which the Team Sailing League will kick off on 14 September 2019 - 16 August 2019