Labour Minister Mildred Oliphant has announced an upward adjustment to the minimum wage of farmworkers with effect from 1 March 2015.
In terms of the new adjustments, farmworkers will earn a minimum wage of R2 606.78 per month (from R2 420.41 in 2014/15), a weekly minimum wage of R601.61 (R558.60 in 2014/15), a daily rate of R120.32 (R111.72 in 2014/15,) and an hourly rate of R13.37 (R12.41 in 2014/15).
According to the Labour Department, the new sectoral determination level is applicable until 29 February 2016.
“The sectoral determination broadly deals with the protection of workers involved in farm activities.
“The determination regulates minimum working hours, minimum wages, number of leave days and termination rules,” said the department. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020
- Support for a Gun Free South Africa - 17 January 2020
- Heavy rains improve some dam levels - 16 January 2020