The DA has begun the process of electing a mayoral candidate for Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Municipality. The DA is an open opportunity party and any suitable person is welcome to apply for the position and will go through our selection process.
Applications need to be in by Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 17:00. Applications can be made online at http://apply.da.org.za
It is expected that the electoral college will sit in April.
We believe that the Nelson Mandela Metropole can be won by the DA in 2016, and we are thus starting our processes early so we can build momentum in the run-up to the election.
We are going to work flat-out to bring change to the Nelson Mandela Municipality. Under a DA government Nelson Mandela Bay will be a place of rising opportunity for all: where service delivery goes up and corruption goes down; where employment is created and crime is eradicated; where decent houses are erected and bucket toilets are eliminated.
We will restore pride in our metro and establish the right culture of governance.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- New book shows how corruption took root in democratic South Africa – Port Elizabeth Business News - 8 April 2020
- Gift of the Givers to provide personal protective equipment to 100 State hospitals – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 April 2020
- Star Madibaz swimmers stay positive during lockdown – MyPR.co.za - 8 April 2020
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends – Lockdown News - 8 April 2020
- First Choice launches new Banana flavoured MILKI - 8 April 2020