As the excitement begins to build for the SPAR Family Challenge in East London on October 8, the race organisers have called for participants to beat the Wednesday entry deadline.
Entries for the 5km and 9.8km runs close on Wednesday and organiser Candy Boonzaier said they encouraged as many people as possible to enter by then.
She said that although provision had been made for late entries to be taken at registration on Friday and Saturday, they hoped to keep these to a minimum.
Meanwhile, plenty of family entertainment will be on offer at the Beaconhurst sports grounds in Beacon Bay, where the two races start and finish.
Boonzaier said they encouraged anyone who was not running to join in the fun as there would be food stalls and refreshments available.
SPAR promotions and advertising controller Roseann Shadrach said they were delighted that popular Eastern Cape artist Gino Fabbri would be there to entertain the crowd before and after the event.
The emcee will be Algoa FM deejay Gordon Graham, whom, she said, would bring his own brand of wit to the proceedings.
In promoting their Choose Local campaign, which was launched in August, Shadrach said SPAR Eastern Cape would be striving to provide meaningful support to the East London community.
“We have chosen the local branch of the Reach for a Dream Foundation as this year’s beneficiary, so everyone who enters the race will be helping to make a difference.”
She added there would be plenty of lucky draw prizes, with the plum incentive being a spa treatment and lunch for two at the Miarestate Boutique Hotel and Spa.
Runners and walkers can enter on www.sparfamilychallenge.co.za or at cycle shops in the city.
Registration is from 10am to 7pm at the Beaconhurst sports grounds on the day before the event and from 8am to 9.30am on race day.
Action starts at 10am with the 9.8km, with the 5km following 15 minutes later.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 3 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Greenshields Park – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Patel’s spokesman dodges questions on Lottery – News from GroundUp - 13 November 2019
- Ntseki banking on Bafana’s away record ahead of Ghana clash – Port Elizabeth Business News - 13 November 2019
- Southern Kings played a hand in the careers of some World Cup-winning Springboks – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Open manhole is an accident waiting to happen - 13 November 2019