The whole family will be able to enjoy the sights and smells of the indigenous forests and pristine Eastern Cape coastline on the annual Fish River Sun Trail Run, which is one of the only trail runs in the country to cater for children under six.
Participants can choose between a 10 kilometre trail run and three kilometre family fun on Wednesday, June 16, which is National Youth Day.
It is the second annual Fish River Sun Trail Run, which attracted over 100 participants in the first year.
“This year the word is out and we are expecting to have to have a full field,” says the head of sport promotions at the Fish River Sun Stefan Ferreira.
The route will take runners along the Fish River Sun hiking trail that runs parallel to the Fish River onto the beach, around the back of the golf course and back to the hotel.
After the run the family will be able to relax around the heated Fish River Sun pool or treat themselves to a massage after enjoying the famous Fish River Sun champagne buffet breakfast, which is included in the fees for the trail run.
The entry fees are R150 for adults, R110 for children between the ages of 6 and 12, and R50 for children under 6.
Entries for both events can be made online at www.mountainevents.co.za.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Careful – that beer or wine could contain animal products - 28 January 2020
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020
- Coega partners with Free State development agency - 27 January 2020
- Every South African needs to speak out against the NHI - 27 January 2020