Factions within the failing ANC in Amahlati Municipality are tearing Stutterheim and the province apart.
According to reports an estimated 500 local youths, many of whom are allegedly linked to the failing ANC, burned four Amahlathi Local Municipality buildings and tyres, stoned vehicles and blocked roads. Yesterday sabotage also left Stutterheim without electricity
Unhappiness with tenders, EPWP and Sanral jobs and poor service delivery are the main issues these young people experience.
Unemployment in the Eastern Cape is at an all-time high and reserving jobs for an elite few within the ruling party is untenable.
The Eastern Cape has the highest unemployment rate of all nine provinces at 45.8% leaving over a million people without jobs. The latest Quarterly Labour Force Survey found that 712,000 people in the Eastern Cape are unemployed while an additional 412,000 have given up hope of finding a job.
A wave of violent protests is sweeping like a wildfire across the province because of the ANC’s inability to not only govern the province, but also itself.
The ANC is incapable of creating jobs and delivering services and frustration of the youth is boiling over.
No amount of frustration can, however, justify violence and the destruction of property.
Destroying government buildings directly affects the purse of the state and therefore increases the heavy burden on tax payers and the poor.
The DA calls on the SAPS to arrest those responsible for violence and destruction and for them to face the full might of the law.
Only a DA government can create fair access to jobs and deliver better services. Violence is not the answer, but the people can go to the ballot boxes in 2019 and vote for the DA to ensure real change and to Build One SA for All.
DA EC Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Giant Propel Advanced Di2 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 16 September 2019
- PE Flying Squad hot on the heels of criminals: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 September 2019
- BWW Review: One of Kansas City’s Best Dramas MASTER HAROLD…AND THE BOYS Opens at City Stage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 September 2019
- Coming Through? - 15 September 2019
- PE police dog, Jack apprehends to ATM robbers – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 September 2019