I have received a number of complaints concerning a scholar transport service provider (Ndlazi Tours) who is allegedly soliciting payment from students of Xolilizwe Senior Secondary School in Willowvale.
We are calling on the MEC for Transport, Weziwe Tikana, to look into this matter; the students who have paid money to this service provider must be refunded and those found guilty of extorting money from vulnerable children must be prosecuted.
I submitted a letter to the MEC, alerting her to the situation. I have not received a response from her. If this issue is not investigated and resolved, we will open up a case of extortion.
It is unjust and entirely dishonourable that children who come from disadvantaged backgrounds are forced to pay for services that are supposed to be free.
A zero tolerance attitude towards corruption must be adopted by those in government for positive change to transpire in our province.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Bhisho’s new chief whip not taking duties lightly - 27 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Like father like son… except when it comes to voting for this Mthatha duo - 27 May 2019
- Makhanda News: Presidency: Cabinet announcement to be made later in the week, not Monday - 26 May 2019
- PE Business News: NMB Business Chamber records surge in certificates of origin issued in Q1 - 26 May 2019
- Why Paul Supports NMB’s bid for The Ocean Race – #TheOceanRaceinNMB - 26 May 2019