I have received a number of complaints concerning a scholar transport service provider (Ndlazi Tours) who is allegedly soliciting payment from students of Xolilizwe Senior Secondary School in Willowvale.
We are calling on the MEC for Transport, Weziwe Tikana, to look into this matter; the students who have paid money to this service provider must be refunded and those found guilty of extorting money from vulnerable children must be prosecuted.
I submitted a letter to the MEC, alerting her to the situation. I have not received a response from her. If this issue is not investigated and resolved, we will open up a case of extortion.
It is unjust and entirely dishonourable that children who come from disadvantaged backgrounds are forced to pay for services that are supposed to be free.
A zero tolerance attitude towards corruption must be adopted by those in government for positive change to transpire in our province.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Ford Begins Vehicle Exports From Port Elizabeth To Europe - 21 April 2019
- Bhisho News: Driver arrested at scene of fatal accident in George - 21 April 2019
- Uitenhage News: Makita concrete cutter - 21 April 2019
- Mthatha News: WSU secures interdict amid chaos in Mthatha - 20 April 2019
- PE Business News: Atlas assists public during citizen’s arrest in PE - 20 April 2019