I have received a number of complaints concerning a scholar transport service provider (Ndlazi Tours) who is allegedly soliciting payment from students of Xolilizwe Senior Secondary School in Willowvale.
We are calling on the MEC for Transport, Weziwe Tikana, to look into this matter; the students who have paid money to this service provider must be refunded and those found guilty of extorting money from vulnerable children must be prosecuted.
I submitted a letter to the MEC, alerting her to the situation. I have not received a response from her. If this issue is not investigated and resolved, we will open up a case of extortion.
It is unjust and entirely dishonourable that children who come from disadvantaged backgrounds are forced to pay for services that are supposed to be free.
A zero tolerance attitude towards corruption must be adopted by those in government for positive change to transpire in our province.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- New MPL Fezeka Mbiko sworn in - 19 February 2019
- King Williams Town News: STEVE BIKO’S WIFE AT HIS FUNERAL IN KING WILLIAM’S TOWN 1977 - 19 February 2019
- Makhanda News: Makhanda water crisis deepens - 19 February 2019
- Bloody Nose for Errant Councillors - 19 February 2019
- Mthatha News: Two arrested for unlicensed firearms around Mthatha Cluster - 19 February 2019