The South African Revenue Service (SARS) says its tax and customs offices will close at 5pm on Friday due to a substantial information technology (IT) system upgrade and maintenance.
To minimise disruptions on the day, SARS on Tuesday said its employees in all branches throughout the country will be available to assist taxpayers until 5pm.
“SARS wishes to advise taxpayers to visit SARS branches before 3pm. Taxpayers, traders and the general public are asked to take note that due to the IT system upgrade and maintenance, eFiling will also be intermittently unavailable from 5pm until 9.30pm on Friday.
“As tax season is currently in full swing, every effort will be made to assist taxpayers who visit SARS branches. Taxpayers, who are still in queues at our branches will, however, only be assisted until 5pm on Friday. We wish to apologise to all taxpayers for the inconvenience,” SARS said. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Learners exposed to different career paths - 17 May 2019
- Winning streak for EP Cricket - 16 May 2019
- Lindiwe Cezula wins international award to get girls moving - 16 May 2019
- Two Fraudulent Doctors Arrested in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 May 2019
- Unique International Museum Day Offering - 16 May 2019