The Toyota Free State Cheetahs kept their unbeaten run intact in a high scoring match against the Eastern Province Kings in Bloemfontein. The PE side does have some defensive issues and conceded 33 tries already, but they do score some spectacular ones themselves. In all, 12 tries were scored in a very entertaining match.
Toyota Free State Cheetahs 57 (23), EP Kings 25 (10)
- Toyota Free State Cheetahs – Tries: Charles Marais (2), Nicolas Lee (2), Neil Marais, Ox Nche, Paul Schoeman (2), Tom Botha.
- EP Kings – Tries: Berton Klaasen, JC Greyling, Vince Jobo. Conversions: Pieter-Steyn de Wet, Kobus Marais. Penalty: Pieter-Steyn de Wet. Drop Goal: Pieter-Steyn de Wet.
Pieter-Steyn de Wet sustained a slight concussion and will be monitored according to protocol.
Dylan Pieterse sustained a wrist injury and x-rays will be taken today. The results will be investigated and further decisions made accordingly.
JC Greyling has injured his ankle injury and further tests will be done today.
While some of the other players sustained light bumps and bruises, the team will rest for the 3 days and resume to their practice sessions on Thursday.
See also: Currie Cup Roundup
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Understatement of the Year; “SOEs remain under pressure” - 20 November 2019
- 100 Free Tickets Available - 20 November 2019
- Organisation expanding expertise to the African diaspora - 20 November 2019
- Avoiding #JanuWorry - 20 November 2019
- Odwa Mtati appointed as CEO of SAIMI - 20 November 2019