In Port Elizabeth on Friday night, the Border Bulldogs’ brave defence forced the EP Kings to fight for their 9-6 victory despite dominating possession in the last 60 minutes. Such was the tight nature of the game, the first points were scored in the 36th minute thanks to a penalty by EP Kings fullback Ntabeni Dukisa. His Bulldogs counterpart Dale Sabbagh, meanwhile, slotted over two penalties in five minutes in the second half to take a 6-3 lead in the 52nd minute. The teams continued to battle it out for the next 20 minutes, but a mistake by the visitors handed Dukisa another shot at goal, which left the teams level on 6-6 with nine minutes to go. Dukisa, however, saved the day as his drop goal attempt in the dying minutes proved successful for a 9-6 victory.
- EP Kings 9 (3) – Penalties: Ntabeni Dukisa (2). Drop Goal: Ntabeni Dukisa.
- Border Bulldogs 6 (0) – Penalties: Dale Sabbagh (2).
The overall points log is turning into a one horse race with the Pumas on 32 points and the race for second place close with one point seperating the Leopards, Eagles, EP Kings and Cavaliers.
Absa Currie Cup First Division log – After round 7:
- Pumas – 32
- Leopards – 22
- Eagles – 22
- EP Kings – 21
- Cavaliers – 21
- Griffons – 10
- Bulldogs -9
- Valke – 9
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What a birthday gift - 18 January 2020
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020
- Support for a Gun Free South Africa - 17 January 2020