Dr Alan Boyd of the Department of Environmantal affairs writes as follows:
Please take note of the following:
1. SANParks issued a filming permit (FPP/1521) for filming on Bird Island over 5 days earlier this month to John Downer Productions.
2. Regarding the recorded incident close to the beach, the DEA was contacted by the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro staff regarding this incident. We have never condoned the chumming activities close to the beach and we have indicated that the Metro should act against this if they have any safety concerns regarding such activities in future.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020
- Support for a Gun Free South Africa - 17 January 2020
- Heavy rains improve some dam levels - 16 January 2020