It is my greatest pleasure to congratulate Mr Mfundo McDonald Piti on his deserving selection as the winner of the DA’s entrepreneurship competition.
Nelson Mandela Bay has the highest unemployment rate of any Metro at 36.6%. In partnership with the private sector, the DA has already begun working to promote job creation and economic development through this competition.
When in government here in NMB, the DA plans to focus on reducing the shockingly high unemployment rate by empowering entrepreneurs and creating opportunities.
The DA is committed to job creation through entrepreneurship. In the DA-governed Western Cape, unemployment has dropped by 20.6%, while the national figure has increased. Where the DA governs, jobs are created.
Mr Piti is the owner of a small restaurant business at the intersection of Mavuso St and Njoli St, Kwazakhele. He has worked tirelessly to get this small business off the ground, using innovation, intuition and remarkable skill.
With the guidance of mentor, Andrew Jenson and seed capital of R10 000, Mr Piti will be able to expand on his ideas and continue to grow his business and create jobs.
Congratulations, Mr Piti!
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- OMOTOSO TRIAL SET FOR NEXT MONTH – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 January 2020
- Campanile hotel – Port Elizabeth - 28 January 2020
- Alleged extortionists back in PE court – Port Elizabeth Business News - 28 January 2020
- Ernst rules out Ngezana sale amid Sundowns interest – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 January 2020
- Common Dolphins 2 April 2019 – AB Marine Whale and Dolphin Watching - 28 January 2020