Due to an electricity outage last night at the Nooitgedacht Water Treatment Works, we lost significant time to treat and distribute water resulting in the low water level of the Motherwell reservoir.
Although the outage has been restored this morning, we anticipate low water pressure in Motherwell NU9 and the surrounding higher-lying areas.
We would like to reiterate our call for residents to use water sparingly as our system remains under pressure.
Bushfires also contribute by adding a burden on our water supply as the water in our rescue pumps are continually replenished while firemen and women are at work.
Water levels of critical reservoirs:
- Summit – 26%
- Chelsea – 30%
- Grassridge – 6%
- Motherwell – 46%
Report water leaks and abuse at 0800 20 50 50.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Second Time in a Row For South African Lifesaving National Championship - 24 March 2019
- Please heed the call – let there be water for all - 22 March 2019
- Municipality to Accelerate ATTP - 20 March 2019
- Libraries should be the nucleus of communities as centres of knowledge - 15 March 2019
- Cleaning up ahead of 8 May - 12 March 2019