As part of its Operations Switch On bursary campaign, The IIE’s Varsity College Port Elizabeth campus will be giving registered NGO/NPO’s the opportunity to apply for a bursary for a Short Learning Programme at The IIE’s Business School at Varsity College. Interested parties may send a motivational letter as to how they will benefit from the Short Learning Programme plus their CV via email to Student Relations Manager Jaci Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, 25 March. Jaci will also provide applicants with the list of relevant Short Learning Programmes. The bursary forms part of The IIE’s Varsity College Corporate Social Investment Initiative aimed at facilitating community based skills development which could enhance skills and ultimately service delivery for the NGO/NPO’s staff.
Several NGO/NPO’s participated in the campus’ recent NGO Open Day – a day which serves as a platform for NGOs to interact with students and staff, informing them about the services they offer and what their organisation represents. Likewise, students and staff had the opportunity to explore volunteer opportunities close to their hearts which then provides a way to give back positively to the community. “When meeting so many inspirational people that dedicate their lives to such great causes it gives me hope that humanity isn’t just a word in the dictionary,” says Robyn Steytler, IIE Bachelor of Arts 3rd year student.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Big interest in buffalo and hyena on Wildsfees auction – MyPR.co.za - 16 June 2019
- Next generation of media stars take over radio station – MyPR.co.za - 16 June 2019
- King Williams Town News: 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Breidbach - 16 June 2019
- Uitenhage News: 5 Bedroom House for Sale in Janssendal - 16 June 2019
- Bhisho News: Bhisho Stars start SAB League playoffs with win - 15 June 2019