- WSU 3-25 EL Police
- Buffaloes 3-17 Progress
- Cambridge 10-27 Park
- Gardens 55-5 Breakers
- Despatch 27-37 PE Harlequins
News from Super Rugby:
The Southern Kings are pleased with the return of a further three players from injury this week.
Loose-forwards Chris Cloete (knee), Sintu Manjezi (knee) and hooker Tango Balekile (shoulder) return to full training with the rest of the squad on Monday.
While the trio will be involved in full contact training with the squad this week, they will not be made available for the Southern Kings‘ friendly match against the Border Bulldogs in East London on Saturday.
As a precautionary measure Cloete, Manjezi and Balekile will sit out the match at Buffalo Stadium (kick-off at 17h15), but will be available to play in the Southern Kings‘ last friendly match against the SWD Eagles in Port Elizabeth on February 11, before the side kicks off the Vodacom Super Rugby campaign against the Jaguares on February 25.
Winger Wandile Mjekevu continues to make good progress and is in his final stage of rehab for his foot injury.
Still on the long-term injury list is flanker CJ Velleman (knee), who is expected back on the field in April.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Mpho Mokonyama - 22 May 2019
- Standard Bank IRONMAN 70.3 South Africa Entries Open - 21 May 2019
- Traditional welcome for Anna of The Ocean Race technical team - 21 May 2019
- Working on the pitch - 21 May 2019
- Is your business covered for loss of income? - 20 May 2019