The Eastern Cape has a new number one citizen at the helm, Phumulo Masualle – who replaces the previous incumbent, Noxolo Kiviet.
The Premier was sworn in on Wednesday morning along with other members of the legislature (MPLs).
After all members were sworn in, nominations for the positions of Premier, Speaker and Deputy Speaker were submitted.
Former Finance MEC Masualle was, after being sworn in, voted in as Premier, while his predecessor Noxolo Kiviet was sworn in as the Speaker.
Mandisa Titi, a general manager in the office of the Premier in the Eastern Cape, said Premier Masualle would announce his cabinet on Friday.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Will That be Enough Officers? - 28 March 2020
- Wait Until the Lockdown and Then Downgrade – Sneaky - 28 March 2020
- THIS is Where I Went to Recharge Before Lockdown - 27 March 2020
- Day 1 – What Happens to the Block? - 27 March 2020
- The Joint Custody Question - 26 March 2020