The Eastern Cape has a new number one citizen at the helm, Phumulo Masualle – who replaces the previous incumbent, Noxolo Kiviet.
The Premier was sworn in on Wednesday morning along with other members of the legislature (MPLs).
After all members were sworn in, nominations for the positions of Premier, Speaker and Deputy Speaker were submitted.
Former Finance MEC Masualle was, after being sworn in, voted in as Premier, while his predecessor Noxolo Kiviet was sworn in as the Speaker.
Mandisa Titi, a general manager in the office of the Premier in the Eastern Cape, said Premier Masualle would announce his cabinet on Friday.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Firearms recovered and suspects arrested - 19 January 2020
- What a birthday gift - 18 January 2020
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020
- Don’t be a hypocrite – do your bit - 17 January 2020