The Eastern Cape has a new number one citizen at the helm, Phumulo Masualle – who replaces the previous incumbent, Noxolo Kiviet.
The Premier was sworn in on Wednesday morning along with other members of the legislature (MPLs).
After all members were sworn in, nominations for the positions of Premier, Speaker and Deputy Speaker were submitted.
Former Finance MEC Masualle was, after being sworn in, voted in as Premier, while his predecessor Noxolo Kiviet was sworn in as the Speaker.
Mandisa Titi, a general manager in the office of the Premier in the Eastern Cape, said Premier Masualle would announce his cabinet on Friday.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Today we stand in front of a different ruin to Cyril - 10 December 2019
- Tenants Advised to be on the Lookout Against Collection Scams and Illegal Evictions - 10 December 2019
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Live EV Charging Station Map - 10 December 2019
- Keeping staff motivated over the festive season - 10 December 2019
- Why the Wheels of Industry Keep on Turning in Nelson Mandela Bay during loadshedding - 10 December 2019