Today, Nosimo Balindlela and Jane Cowley were sworn in as DA Members of the Provincial Legislature by the Speaker, Noxolo Kiviet.
Nosimo Balindlela is no stranger to the Provincial Legislature as she has served as Premier and MEC before. Jane Cowley was the Leader of the DA Ndlambe Council Caucus. She is also an experienced educationalist who served as the principal of a farm school for 12 years and taught at township schools. She has a master’s degree in Education.
Both of these members are expected to add tremendous value to the DA team in the legislature as well as to the province as a whole. They will add firepower to the DA’s efforts to become part of government in 2019 and bring about change in this province.
Nosimo Balindlela will serve on the portfolio committees of Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture and Office of the Premier. Jane Cowley will serve on the portfolio committees of Education, Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism as well as Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs.
The vacancies occurred as a result of Athol Trollip being elected as Mayor of Nelson Mandela Bay and Ross Purdon moving to the National assembly.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Did Ramaphosa tell Porky Pies about African Global (#Bosasa) Payment to Andile? - 17 November 2018
- Gifts close to my heart - 17 November 2018
- How to navigate a buyers’ market - 17 November 2018
- 5 Double Color Run Tickets up for Grabs – #Happiest5K - 16 November 2018
- Xasa fiddles while Stutterheim Burns - 16 November 2018