Eastern Cape Premier Phumulo Masualle has on behalf of people and provincial government extended condolences to the Mbeki family on the passing of Mama Epainette Mbeki.
“We, especially extend our condolences to Former President Thabo Mbeki and his brother Moeletsi as well as the entire extended family. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and we grieve with them as they mourn the loss of their departed mother, who was not only a mother to them, but also a mother to the nation at large.
“We have lost a revolutionary, an activist, a lover of humanity and a true daughter of the Soil. May her beautiful soul Rest in Peace,” said Premier Masuelle on receiving the news.
Mama Epainette Mbeki, aged 98, died during the early hours of Saturday at St Dominic’s Hospital in East London.
The struggle stalwart and wife of the late struggle icon, Govan Mbeki, was admitted to the hospital two weeks ago, after she complained about shortness of breath. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 24 February’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage NONE - 24 February 2020
- Birds, Sardines, Predators, Money for the Bay - 24 February 2020
- Patient evacuation off ship - 24 February 2020
- #12 Jordan Koekemoer gets a bit of love - 24 February 2020
- #RugbyThatRocks #MadibazThatDisappoint - 23 February 2020