The DA mayoral electoral college met yesterday in Nelson Mandela Bay to elect mayoral candidates in three more strategic municipalities in the province.
The electoral college is made up of ten delegates from the federal executive, ten delegates nominated by the Provincial executive and ten delegates respectively from the relevant constituency.
The successful candidates are:
- Mrs Elza van Lingen ( NCOP MP) for the Kouga municipality.
- Ms Yolande Le Roux for the Koukamma municipality.
- Ms Samantha Jankovitch-Besan for the newly amalgamated municipality which will apparently be called Dr Beyers Naude municipality (incorporating Baviaans, Camdeboo and Ikhwezi).
The DA says that they know that these mayoral candidates will make exceptional mayors after the conclusion of the local government elections and that the people of these municipalities will benefit enormously from their DA governance.
The mayoral candidates are also fully committed to bringing about change and effective governance for everyone in their respective municipalities.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Mandela Coin Laid in Keel of Transnet Plough Tug - 19 January 2018
- Despite Punitive Tariffs Cape Town Water Cheaper than Port Elizabeth - 19 January 2018
- CDC a finalist in South African Premier Business Awards - 19 January 2018
- Areas to be affected by emergency shutdown of Greenbushes substation today - 19 January 2018
- No change in repo rate - 19 January 2018