Your article re plastic straws refers.
Environmentally more friendly alternatives to plastic straws, some even reusable are available, e.g. glass, metal, bamboo, straw, pasta and the good old paper straws which I can remember using when still at school.
What about initiating a campaign to ban plastic straws together with plastic bags?
The latter being a cash cow for government and the major retail outlets since pay for it was introduced under the guise of an environmentally friendly initiative.
The local Coca Cola producer together with their world wide organisation is one of the biggest outlets for the original size plastic drinking straws found on most cafe, etc. counters and at many retailers.
Related: ABYC Bans Plastic Straws.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kani Celebration: The Revolution Will not be Televised, The Revolution Will be Live - 24 February 2018
- Huncle and the Way to Eat an Ice cream - 23 February 2018
- Engcobo attack shows that crime is out of control - 22 February 2018
- Leinster vs Southern Kings - 22 February 2018
- ABYC Eviction Attempt – a personal view - 22 February 2018