Your article re plastic straws refers.
Environmentally more friendly alternatives to plastic straws, some even reusable are available, e.g. glass, metal, bamboo, straw, pasta and the good old paper straws which I can remember using when still at school.
What about initiating a campaign to ban plastic straws together with plastic bags?
The latter being a cash cow for government and the major retail outlets since pay for it was introduced under the guise of an environmentally friendly initiative.
The local Coca Cola producer together with their world wide organisation is one of the biggest outlets for the original size plastic drinking straws found on most cafe, etc. counters and at many retailers.
Related: ABYC Bans Plastic Straws.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What franchises need to lookout for from the Budget Speech - 18 February 2019
- Hyundai Kona EV Reduces me to Being a Little Boy in the Sweet Shop - 18 February 2019
- Black and Booth Emerge Victorious - 18 February 2019
- Man missing on the Sundays river - 18 February 2019
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019