Your article re plastic straws refers.
Environmentally more friendly alternatives to plastic straws, some even reusable are available, e.g. glass, metal, bamboo, straw, pasta and the good old paper straws which I can remember using when still at school.
What about initiating a campaign to ban plastic straws together with plastic bags?
The latter being a cash cow for government and the major retail outlets since pay for it was introduced under the guise of an environmentally friendly initiative.
The local Coca Cola producer together with their world wide organisation is one of the biggest outlets for the original size plastic drinking straws found on most cafe, etc. counters and at many retailers.
Related: ABYC Bans Plastic Straws.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What a sedentary, social media lifestyle, could lead to… - 18 August 2018
- Huge contest expected in Durban – Siya Kolisi - 17 August 2018
- One Southern King Nominated for 2017/18 Guinness PRO14 Dream Team - 17 August 2018
- CEO by day, Ironman in the early mornings, after work and on weekends - 17 August 2018
- Residential Building Activity Trends - 17 August 2018