Five school children and three teachers from the Palmiet River Primary School were dramatically rescued after the bridge between their school, approximately 30 km outside Uitenhage, and the main road collapsed earlier today.
The South African Air force came to the rescue with a BK 117 helicopter and transported them across the river where they were handed over in the care of the Uitenhage South African Police Service. They were then transported by vehicle to safety.
At 14:00 today the dam levels were as follows:
- Kouga: 61%
- Churchill: 47%
- Impofu: 35%
- Loerie: 100%
- Groendal: 100%
- Average Overall: 52%
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- EP Cricket Board to focus on cricket development - 22 January 2020
- Kirsty Iversen at Work - 22 January 2020
- The Market Leader in Medium and Heavy Commercial Segments - 22 January 2020
- Oversight inspection at Jubilee Park Primary, Uitenhage - 22 January 2020
- How to choose the the correct legal status for your business - 21 January 2020